Mindfuel x Tierheim
Mindfuel loves animals
Our brand philosophy here at Mindfuel is to be as kind as possible, to humans and animals. We are doing our best by being healthy, plant-based and vegan... But we also want to help animals in more direct ways. Rescue shelters are very close to our hearts, for different reasons.
That’s why we decided to donate 3% of all of our revenue to The Berlin Animal Welfare Association - Tierheim Berlin during this summer. Tierheim Berlin is celebrating 180 years this year, and they house more than 1300 rescue animals. That makes them the biggest animal shelter in Europe, with 180 employees and every possible kind of animal - from snakes, to parrots, to dogs. They survive almost completely from donations and memberships, and their mission is to find a good home for each and every homeless animal under their care, to fight for animal rights, to campaign against animal abuse and to educate people about species-appropriate animal husbandry.
We are honored to be able to be a part of that. We know you are too.
Use our hashtag to show your pet - rescue or not.
We love all animals!
Here are some interesting facts on Tierheim Berlin:
- The Berlin Animal Welfare Association (Tierschutzverein für Berlin / TVB) was founded in 1841. (So TVB is celebrating its 180 jubilee in 2021).
- Their work is financed almost exclusively from donations and membership fees.
- Their mission is to find a good home for each and every homeless animal under their care, to fight for animal rights, to campaign against animal abuse and to educate people about species-appropriate animal husbandry.
- The TVB is a registered non-profit organization with about 180 employees.
- The TVB’s signature project is Tierheim Berlin – Europe’s biggest and most modern animal shelter.
- The shelter was built on 16 acres of land on the northeastern outskirts of Berlin. They moved there in 2001.
- It houses more than 1.300 animals at any given time – sometimes more, rarely less.
- Each animal receives expert care, medical treatment, lots of love and – where applicable – training and behavioral therapy.
- Tierheim Berlin shelters primarily pets, e.g. cats, dogs, small animals like rabbits and guinea pigs, all sorts of birds, exotic animals like snakes, bearded dragons and turtles / tortoises. Furthermore, the shelter is home to a bunch of rescued farm animals like sheep and pigs. While even these farm animals are up for adoption, some inhabitants have indeed found their forever home right at the shelter (monkeys).
- Tierheim Berlin is a state-of-the-art facility with e.g. its own up-to-date veterinary practice, a dog training- and rehabilitation center, several dog parks and outdoor training grounds, a cat nursery and much more.
[All Photos: Tierheim Berlin]